Serving the Chinese American community in Montgomery County
Chinese American Parents and Students Association (CAPSA) was founded in 1988 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to help new immigrants and other families in need to adjust to life in the United States. Since its founding, CAPSA has grown to over 250 members now. CAPSA programs and services include:
- Tutoring program for students
- Cultural displays and activities
- Workshop for parents
- Community advocacy in Montgomery County, Maryland
Our goals include:
- Provide tutoring services to new immigrants and other needy students
- Share experiences with new immigrant families in Montgomery County in adjusting to the society
- Provide community service and leadership opportunities to qualified high and middle school students
- Extend services to adults through English classes
- Present educational issues and needs to the Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), Maryland
Our mission is to provide opportunities for individuals in our community to succeed and thrive. We welcome anyone who wishes to contribute to our mission and connect with the Chinese American community here.
Donations are welcome! CAPSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with tax-exempt status approved by the IRS. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Please send donations through the link below.
We hope to see you around!