CAPSA offers tutoring services for K-12 students during the MCPS academic term. Our sessions run from 10 AM to 12 PM every Saturday. We aim to provide quality and personalized one-on-one tutoring for each student to address their educational and personal needs. Our tutors and program leaders are student volunteers eager to help other students in need. If you're interested in our program, please check the Resources page to find registration and other forms.
We offer students in need tutoring in multiple subjects.
- Tutoring for all grades K-12.
- We teach many subjects, including math, English, science, and more.
- One-on-one tutoring for all students.
All our tutors are eager volunteers.
- We are certified by MCPS to offer SSL hours.
- Great opportunities to practice teaching, patience, and helping students in need.
- Tutees are paired with tutors based on needs and capabilities.
Tutors who demonstrate enthusiasm, leadership, and reliability can become coordinators for their tutoring group.
- Coordinators work with tutors and tutees to manage their tutoring group.
- Opportunities to practice and exercise leadership.
- Coordinators who excel in their position can become lead coordinators.